MORE FROM GUTENBERG

August 1: Art in the Puccinelli Gallery

“You have to understand something about art. It comes from someplace.”
Joe Versus the Volcano

Annette YugaIn conjunction with Gutenberg’s Summer Institute, the Puccinelli Gallery will display the art of Annette Julian Yuga, an artist from Florence, Oregon. Annette has this to say about her art:

I want to make art that pulls you in, so you can’t stop looking.

Annette Yuga paintingMy dad walked in the door with an armful of art supplies one day when, as an adult, I had contracted the chicken pox. I didn’t know then that something big had just happened. Something that would change the way I SEE the world around me. I didn’t know that my preoccupation with color, illumination, energy, shapes, paint, and *uhum* brushes would be with me into gray hair. I didn’t know that I would love it so much. Had I known, I would have thanked him better.

How do you paint the energy of life? How do you depict that wonderful cross-section between the real world and the one within? It is a big subject. But as my quote from Joe Versus the Volcano says, “It comes from someplace.” It comes from so many places.

Please join us for an opening-night reception on Thursday August 1 at 5:30 p.m. in the Puccinelli Art Gallery at Gutenberg College. You do not have to be registered for the Summer Institute in order to attend.

May we send you...?

Choose your subscriptions to our newsletter and/or email updates.

Subscribe

If this ministry is helpful to you, please consider supporting it as you are able. Even small donations help. Thank you.

Donate online